I’ll keep it short: Apple Notes on my Mac was syncing with iCloud flawlessly. However, Notes on my iPhone had difficulties. Notes I created on the iPhone were syncing with iCloud + my Mac sooner or later, but notes I created on my Mac wouldn’t appear on my iPhone. Googling the problem didn’t provide any useful results either. Here is what I did to solve the problem. I did two things actually, and I’m not sure which one did the trick. So you can try sequentially.
- iCloud was syncing over “Push”. I changed this settings to “Fetch”.
- I had many Notes folders on my Mac. I removed all folders and moved the notes back into the default “Notes” folder.
On my iPad, I had to follow a different sequence:
- Turned notes sync off in iCloud settings
- Logged out of iCloud
- Deleted all of my local notes
- Restarted my iPad
- Logged in to iCloud
- Turned notes sync on in iCloud settings
Voila! All notes appeared on my iPad as well.
Here is a related post for newer iOS versions: iOS Notes Sync Problem Solved