WhatsApp is one of the most significant global communication apps at this time. WhatsApp groups are unavoidable and mostly useful; however, they can be quite annoying at times. Here is a list of things I dislike in WhatsApp groups.
- Sharing unrelated / trivial / supposedly funny posts, followed by more unrelated / trivial / supposedly funny replies
- Conducting private chats in groups
- Spamming the group with message chains
- Meaningless short replies, emoji-only sentences (use private replies for that)
- Sending dozens of distinct messages instead of sending paragraphs, causing lots of notifications
- Sending work selfies to work related groups, where people see each other every day anyway
- Sending messages in peculiar hours where people might be sleeping
- Personal advertising
Those factors often make me leave WhatsApp groups I would actually like to participate. At such times, I wish that Slack would be used instead – where you engage group communication in multiple channels.
Relate content: WhatsApp Tip: New Group For Each Event